Farm Guard® Insurance Coverage
The Farm-Guard® protects the members of your household against financial disaster from accidents or injuries occurring on your farm — whether as a farm owner or tenant.
The policy provides a broad range of standard coverages as well as a variety of optional coverages to customize protection to fit your farming operation.
• Protection against claims of negligence arising from your farming operations, use of the premises or personal acts. Fire legal liability is included for real and personal property.
Physical Damage to Property of Others
• Pays for damages to property you borrow, such as farm machinery.
Medical Payments to Public
• Pays for accidental injury to the public on your premises, by your livestock or because of your farming operations or personal acts.
If state law doesn’t require you to carry Workers’ Compensation, the Farm-Guard policy may also provide:
• Protection against liability for injuries suffered by your farm employees while working for you.
Medical Payments to Farm Employees
• Covers medical expenses for accidental injury suffered by your farm employees while on the job, even if you are not at fault. Includes death indemnity for accidental death.
• Coverage for losses arising out of custom farming or feeding when receipts total less than $2,000*
• Protection from losses arising from business pursuits, except agricultural spraying, when receipts total less than $2,000*
• Contractual liability relating to the farming operations, goods or products, or residence premises.
• Personal injury protection against bodily harm, shock, or mental anguish
• Limited coverage for bodily injury caused by communicable disease caused by animals
* Higher limits are available.
• Property damage protection for accidental spray drifts of farm chemicals when applied by any means other than aircraft.
Identity Theft Protection
With this policy, your household family members have free access to fraud specialists at Identity Theft 911, a leader in identity management and fraud education. They can assist you in preventing identity theft, replacing important documents and resolving any identity theft occurrences.
• Agricultural Custom Spraying
• Custom Farming (over $2,000)
• Custom Feeding (over $2,000)
• Residential Rental Property
• Business Activities
• Employee Occupational Liability (i.e. teacher, coach, etc.)
• Contractual Liability for Custom Farming or Feeding
• Contract Growers
• Home Day Care
• Horse Boarding
• Additional Premises
• Medical Payments - Named Persons
• Hunting and Fishing
Available Premium Credits
Farm Premises and Operations Limited Liability
• This coverage offers limited liability options to customers not requiring liability outside of farming related to the premises. This allows a 15% reduction in premium.
• Owner Occupied — 35% premium reduction when the landlord leases the farm to a tenant. The landlord must not be involved in the farming operation.
• Non-Occupied — 50% reduction in premium when the landlord does not live on the farm and is not involved in the farming operation.
• A 20% reduction in premium when no livestock are owned by or in the care, custody, or control of the insured.